Summary: Our in-depth review of Lexington Law credit repair service.
Bad credit can haunt you for many years, making it nearly impossible to get approved for new loans, get low insurance premiums, and sometimes even get a job.
If you’ve tried everything to fix your credit to no avail (or simply don’t want to deal with it), you should consider a credit repair services. Ultimately, credit repair companies can save you a lot of time and stress.
Lexington Law Firm is a top credit repair firm that will work with you to remove inaccurate negative items from your credit report.
If you’re the type of person who would rather work with someone who has lots of experience in credit repair rather than try to tackle it yourself, read on for my full Lexington Law Review.
What is Lexington Law?
Lexington Law Firm is a team of lawyers and paralegals based out of Utah. Founded in 2004, Lexington Law began offering credit repair services as a way to make credit repair affordable and to simplify the process.
This has made Lexington Law one of the top credit repair services in the credit repair industry.
The idea is pretty straight forward. For a reasonable monthly fee, Lexington Law will work with you to remove inaccurate information from your credit report.
When inaccurate negative items are removed from your credit report, it can have a positive impact on your credit score.
Does Lexington Law Firm Work?
Simply put, yes Lexington Law works. When inaccurate negative items are removed from your credit report, it can have a positive impact on your credit report.
Lexington Law Firm will help you work to remove those inaccurate items from your credit report.
To be clear, most credit repair companies can’t magically increase your credit score. In fact, this is all stuff you could technically do yourself. The problem is that do-it-yourself credit repair isn’t easy.
Trust me, it takes a lot of time and patience. Lexington Law is for people who simply don’t want to deal with all that hassle.
How Lexington Law Firm Works
It’s extremely easy to get started with Lexington Law. You can get started by simply going to their website and signing up for a free online credit report consultation. You can also give them a call at: 1-844-331-6062
Once you sign up someone from Lexington Law will reach out to begin the credit repair process.
The Credit Repair Process
Lexington Law Firm follows a few simple steps once you sign up for an account. It starts with pulling all three credit reports from Transunion, Equifax, and Experian.
Getting your credit reports from the credit bureaus has no impact on your credit score. They review each report line by line to determine which information is inaccurate or unfairly reported.
Since they are the leaders in the industry, they know what to look for and how to dispute it, which is why many people use them.
While you could dispute an obvious error, such as an account that doesn’t belong to you, Lexington Law knows how to look at your credit report and find specific information that’s inaccurate and dispute this information. Many times, these are things that you might otherwise miss.
Once the inaccurate information has been disputed, they will await a response from the three major credit bureaus. This process is repeated until everything has been resolved as much as possible.
Lexington Law Firm works within the law, but they know the ins and outs of what they can and can’t request on your behalf, in order to get the best credit repair result possible.
In addition to their core credit repair services, you will also receive the following perks:
- Credit mentoring & monitoring – While the credit repair process is progress, you will have access to the Lexington Law online portal, which provides you with credit monitoring as well as education materials to help you along the credit repair journey.
- Credit analysis – When you sign up for their top 2 service tiers, you will have access to a personalized credit analysis that can further help you understand what’s going on with your credit reports.
How Much Does Lexington Law Cost?
Lexington Law has three plans ranging from $89.95 – $129.95 per month. Each plan builds upon the one before it. Also keep in mind that when you sign up you will receive a free credit report consultation regardless of if you decide to go with them or not.
At first glance the plans might seem expensive, but it’s well worth it when you take into account how much having bad credit can ultimately cost you.
Here’s what each plan offers.
Concord Standard Services ($89.95/month)
- Dispute or challenge any items you claim or inaccurate or Lexington Law professionals find unfair
- Intervening with the creditors on your behalf
Concord Premier ($109.95/month)
In addition to the above services, Concord Premier offers:
- Assistance in investigating inquiries
- Analysis of your credit score
- Custom alerts when something on your credit report changes
- TransUnion credit monitoring
In addition to the above series, PremierPlus offers:
- Cease and desist letters to get creditors to stop calling you
- FICO score tracking
- Identity protection
- Tools to help you improve your personal finances
Pros & Cons of Lexington Law
Before you sign up for any program, especially one that costs between $89.95 – $129.95 per month, you should understand its pros and cons.
- Lexington Law Firm has a team of paralegals – Not all credit repair companies can say their staff consists of legal staff. This means you can rest assured that the employees of Lexington Law will help you leverage the law in order to best work towards your credit repair.
- You’ll get tailored credit monitoring – Disputing and fixing your credit isn’t always enough to get you on the right path. Credit monitoring ensures any credit reported is accurate and fair and if it’s not you’ll have the support immediately to fix it.
- Good customer service – Like any credit repair company, there are plenty of complaints about Lexington Law, but they address each one individually to make it right. They are upfront about their services and their customer service is top-notch whether you’re talking to your dedicated customer service representative or anyone else in the company.
- Overwhelming pricing structure – It can be hard to figure out which plan is right for you. The basic plan seems ‘too basic’, but the top tier is quite pricey. It’s easier when a credit repair company has one plan that includes everything they offer. That said, when you chat with one of their team members, they will help you decide which plan makes sense for your particular situation.
- It can take up to 6 months to see results.
- No money-back guarantee – Lexington Law, unlike other credit repair agencies, doesn’t offer a money-back guarantee if you aren’t seeing the results you want or you aren’t happy with the service.
My Final Thoughts
Lexington Law Firm is a legitimate law firm and reputable credit repair firm that can help you repair your credit if you have unfair or inaccurate information on your credit report.
If you struggled with your credit and feel like what’s reported isn’t an accurate picture of what truly happened, the experts at Lexington Law can help.
Keep in mind that while Lexington Law isn’t free, you will get the support of actual paralegals helping you from start to finish.
Personally, I recommend Lexington Law to everyone who needs some help with their credit, but simply doesn’t want to deal with the stress and time commitment of doing it yourself.